JustRite Friday Challenge #118 - Behind The Mask

For the challenge over at JustRite Inspiration, I chose the masking technique (inspired by Heidi's Tutorial Tuesday this week). Like Heidi, I used today's release of Garden Tools clear stamps and Quilted Circles Background cling stamp along with the coordinating Garden Tools SVG Digital Cut Download File for my inspiration card.......but in a different way. It's a new technique for me too! I started by cutting several flowers and the watering can with the SVG file (but as mentioned in Heidi's Tutorial, you can cut the stamped images by hand if you don't have a cutting machine).
To be honest, I didn't know I was going to do this theme until after I made my card, so I didn't take pics along the way but you can take the basic steps in Heidi's Tutorial and use with numerous design ideas! I laid my plain white cuts out and layered them until I had the placement that I liked and then started stamping.

I colored the flowers with Spectrum Noir markers and cut with Spellbinders Rounded Square die. I stamped and cut the background to fit my A2 card and colored with the same colors as my flowers. This one has GOT to make you smile! Come back later this morning for another card made with Garden Tools clear stamps.




See you again in a few hours!

Comments

Shona said…
Ooops! I was so excited by how cheerful and pretty this is,that I left my comment on the JR blog. Sheri, this card just made me happy this morning! The colours are lovely, and I thought that was DP, I had to read it twice for it to sink in that it is a b'ground stamp you coloured! The sun is shining, the air is warming and this card says Spring is coming!

Popular Posts