The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store - Ink Embossing Folder Technique

I have a hand painted and embossed card to share over at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store blog today! This one was a little more on the difficult side but every now and then I need some coloring therapy!
I started by inking up my embossing folder on the de-bossed side and ran it through the embossing machine. I did this twice because the paper kinda tore in the embossed areas. For the next one, I spritzed the paper with water to make it easier to stretch in the folder. Then, I used the first one to cut the center portion out and pop it onto the second one.
It leaves the raised areas white. I thought it was pretty and finished assembling my card. I actually glued the flowers and everything on before I decided to go ahead and paint it. I was just going to paint the butterflies so they would stand out but then I got carried away - LOL! I wish I would've taken a picture of the "before" completed card -- maybe next time?? 
I painted the raised area by stamping on my craft mat with distress ink pads and spritzing with water. I just took a water brush and painted on the watered down ink colors. It's not perfect by any means but it's really pretty in person. 

Anyway, I really like it in color but, if coloring isn't your thing, it's great without it. I also added some Glossy Accents on the raw white flowers to make them shiny since I didn't paint them but you can't really see in the photo.

Comments

Teresa Doyle said…
That is a very pretty card Sheri. Very pretty!
Margie Higuchi said…
Hi Sheri! It's been TOO long! Hope you are well :) LOVE what you did with the folder design. Need to get back to them and play. Thanks for the inspiration xo

Popular Posts