JustRite Papercraft May Release Day 4

This is the final day of JustRite Papercraft's May Release inspiration and I have a non-traditional graduation card for you!! If you missed it, you can find all 4 days of inspiration HERE.  Today, the rest of the team has also prepared some amazing projects for this final set of the May Releases: Summer Words clear set.
I had the idea for the calendar page at first, but not sure how to incorporate it into the card.  I used the "School is Out" and stamped in red on the corner of the calendar page and then crumpled it up and inked it with Ranger Antique Linen Distress ink for that aged look.  Then, I added the "Congratulations", after hand cutting, to the top.  Here are the other great sentiments in this set as shown below for ALL your summer occasions:
I started with the Vintage Travel Background Background that you may have seen from some of the other DT earlier in the release.  This would be great for all kinds of occasions!!
After stamping the background with Momento Tuxedo Black ink, I wanted to ink the background with colors like I have seen some others do and I didn't really like how it was turning out because, when I daubed them on, the inks were too vibrant??  I could have just thrown it away but I had a better idea!!  I stamped another image onto vellum and simply placed over the top for a more subdued look:

Next, I wanted the text of the background to stand out so I used the JustRite exclusive Nested Oval Medallion Labels die to frame the sentiment and added some striped ribbon to both sides with a staple and my Fastenator.

Be sure to check out the rest of the team:


Supplies:
Stamps: JustRite CL-03750 Vintage Travel Background, CR-03745 Summer Words
Dies: JustRite JB-10025 Nested Oval Medallions, Spellbinders Classic Ovals Lg
Ink: TS-01115 Momento Tuxedo Black, Copic Sketch markers
Accessories: striped ribbon, vellum, staples, computer printed calendar page

Comments

Marge said…
Well, I'll be -- how darn clever is this whole card?! I'm sooo impressed with how you evolved from the calendar idea (and made it totally work) to the final piece -- BRILLIANT! Love the idea to frame the sentiment with the JR die also -- 'too cool for school', methinks -- LOL!!!
Barbara Schram said…
Talk about creativity at its best! The vellum concept and framing the sentiment wording is brilliant! Such a super grad card, Sheri!
Charlotte said…
Sheri,

this is just fabulous!! And the way everything is combined here is amazing. I would have never thought to do this. Wonderful way you colored the stamps. As always, I stand in awe of your talent and creativity.

Charlotte
Sandy Palmer said…
Wow, awesome card Sheri! Your creative mind strikes again! Brilliant, and beautiful all at the same time!
Sarah said…
Very cool! I love the "non-traditionalness" of it!

Popular Posts