JustRite Friday Challenge #27 - Christmas In July

RECYCLED CDs

Last year I had this idea but didn't get around to it.  I thought that this would be the perfect challenge to try it out!  I am a programmer in real life so I have A LOT of random cds around! 
I used 95 pt. Times New Roman Font and stamped the "HO,HO,HO".  I took a lesson from Sharon Harnist and sponged the edges with Ranger Antique Linen.  I cut out the papers with my circle cutter and ran through my Zyron.  The white doily is Martha Stewart and comes in a package of 12 with 3 varieties. (Thanks to Marge from maricopastamper.blogspot.com for pointing them out to me!)  The pine branch punch is from McGill and I'm not sure where I got those flowers??  They are connected with some "S" hooks that I got at Lowe's.  This project really did put me in the Christmas spirit even if it was 100 degrees today!?!

Comments

Marge said…
Sheri, this is just very clever & oh so Christmasy -- Ho-Ho-Ho!!! Perfect use for the MS tags!!!
AKiteFlier said…
TOtally adorable - and I, too, have a TON of random CDs lying around.... thanks for a clever idea :-)
Mary Jo said…
what a clever idea. You just want to get into the spirit
Tanya said…
Oh, you are so clever! I love this idea, super sweet!
Anonymous said…
Your project stood out to me early on. What a creative way to use something we all have laying around...that's my kind of crafting! Adorable! Congratulations, and...MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Anonymous said…
That last comment goes with www.recordkeeper.wordpress.com :) I typed in the wrong blog address. It is after midnight!
P.G. Lamb said…
Sheri, this is just clever! Beautiful too!

Popular Posts