JustRite Friday Challenge #41 - RECIPE SWAP

There is a recipe swap over at JustRite Inspiration this week.  I always have a hard time when it comes to doing recipe challenges.  I don't know why, but it requires more thought than usual.  Well, I did my best so I hope you like it??

For the recipe card, I used JustRite Brayton font for the recipe name in Tuxedo Black Momento Ink and cut with Spellbinders Classic Circles.  I also added a center and border from JustRite 1-3/16" Tiny Words and colored with Copics.

Here's a view of all the JustRite stamps I used:


For the jar, I used JustRite Autumn Blessings Large Oval Center and cut in a circle with layers of Spellbinders Classic and Petite Circles.  I chose the basket of apples and colored with my Copics and then added some lace and ribbon to the edge of the lid.  Here is a close-up of the apples I colored:


Here is the recipe for the Apple Butter.  It is a great gift for any occasion!!

Ingredients:

18 cups Apple pulp
1 cups Apple cider vinegar
8 cups Sugar, if apples are tart   * Less if apples are sweet
4 Tbsp Cinnamon or more if needed
Directions:

Quarter apples and cook until mushy. Put through colander or food mill until you get 18 cups of pulp. Put all ingredients in saucepot and cook on medium for 3-4 hrs, or until thickened, stirring frequently. Put in jars and seal immediately.

Comments

Mary Jo said…
Apple butter sounds so good right now and your presentation is perfect.
Marge said…
Like it??? This is fabulous -- love how you've decorated your jar lid & matching recipe card!!! I'll have some apple butter please -- one of my favorite things on warm buttered toast!
Ms. Jen said…
Those apples you colored look velvety. That apple butter looks yummy too! Thanks for all you do for me sweetie!
Mona Pendleton said…
Yummy Sheri! Great job coloring those apples!
April said…
I just looked through your blog and I love your cards. The apple jar top is cute!

Popular Posts