MY SHERI CRAFTS CHALLENGE - Decorate For Christmas

OK, I shouldn't admit it, but last year I didn't even get my tree up?!?  I know, I know.....I could hear the gasps from here!  Hopefully this challenge at MY SHERI CRAFTS will help get you in the mood to create a project that will help you to Decorate For Christmas!  I made a wreath using Spellbinders Nested Mittens and retired Create-a-Flake 1:
I found these great note cards in the dollar bin at Michael's with a sweater print on them and bought almost all they had - LOL!!  I cut the mittens out (2 to each card) and then embellished with my white Sakura gel pen to look like stitching.  The snowflakes were layered and popped for dimension and I bought little styrofoam balls and cut in half for snowballs.
I added little clips on the back so I can easily change out the decorations on my wreath.  I will try to make it something else later but for now I just LOVE this wreath for the holidays!

Comments

Marge said…
I just LOVE this too -- those mittens are sooo CUTE & FUN and look totally real -- great paper find!!! Also sooo clever to have used clips so that you can remake your wreath for another occasion!!!
Charlotte said…
Sheri, This wreath is fabulous. I cannot believe that you found those great notecards with a sweater print on them. You could not have made the mittens out of any thing better. This is so adorable! The colors are bright and happy and the addition of the snowflakes is perfect!!
Charlotte DT
Glenda said…
Wow! Love your wreath! The mittens are so cute and I love the snowflakes too! It will be perfect for your holiday decorating!
Glenda
Sandy Palmer said…
Sheri, your wreath is sooo adorable!!! You can't help but have a big grin when you look at it! All that stitching is fabulous, and those additional snowballs are so wonderful! I just love it ALL!
Sarah said…
This is so cute Sheri! I never would have guessed those mittens were cut from note pads. How cool is that!? Your detail pen work is fantastic.
Miss Sue said…
Sheri, this is adorable! I love the mittens and your stitching is awesome! I love the idea about the snowballs as well. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hugs,
Miss Sue
ShelbyWoo said…
Sheri i absolutely love those mittens! I'd bought all those prints too they worked out great for this project!
Rhonda Emery said…
this is really a cute wreaf love it.
Sheryl said…
Wow! Sheri, This is absolutely gorgeous! I love it with the mittens! What a beautiful Wreath!
Warm Hugs, Sheryl

Popular Posts