JustRite Friday Challenge #098 - "Make It Manly"

We had a little scary weather tonight but everything is good now. Luckily I'm not one of hundreds without power so I can post my challenge project for JustRite Inspiration! I sure do hate the Spring weather in Northeastern Oklahoma!! The theme this time is to create a manly/masculine style project. I think I managed the task (at least I hope so since it was MY idea?!?)

I started with the old car image from Explore Vintage Labels Four stamped in a nice green and then cut with the largest oval die in the Vintage Labels Four die set. Next, I cut a Petite Scalloped Oval (discontinued) and a die from Becca Feeken's October Kit Club in kraft cardstock. I cut the Vintage Labels Four image out of a colorful print since everything else was green - LOL!

The green metal background was embossed with Spellbinders 3D M-Bossabilities Creative Cogs folder and then sanded with a sanding block. I cut all 6 of the Sprightly Sprockets out of mirror paper and strategically placed around and under the center label. The sentiment is from Premium Labels clear stamp set and cut with JustRite Antique Tags One custom dies. I inked both images to look like soot for a more vintage feel. Hope this inspires you to create something manly this week!

Comments

Marge said…
Uhhh, yes, you more than managed the masculine here -- you ROCKED it!!! Guess all that 'air turbulence' around OK stirred up your masculine side -- Hee! Know those tornadoes are NOT funny and glad you're OK, but you seriously nailed masculine here!!!
Sandy Palmer said…
Wow Sheri, this is just FABULOUS!!! Everything about this card is one BIG WOW!!!!! It truly is amazing!!!
Cindy Groh said…
I love this card for a guy. May I post a link to it on my Manly Monday post? It is a post where I showcase masculine cards since they can be such a challenge. LMK.
Also I wondered if you could email me about something else? I tried to use the blogger profile email to contact you but it didn't work. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Can't wait to here from you. Thanks

Popular Posts