MY SHERI CRAFTS CHALLENGE #39 - WINTER

I decided to go in a little different direction this week.  Originally, I thought of winter as being blue and white and was going to do a snowflake card, but then I remembered this pretty Inkadinkado stamp (Snowy Cabin) I bought at Ms in their after xmas sale and decided to go a more rustic route. 
I started with kraft cardstock and added a parchment paper base.  The brown is then embossed with a Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations Woodgrain folder and accented with several Distress inks.  The folder wasn't quite long enough for my 5 x 7 card so I embossed again at the end and covered up the seam with eyelet and ribbon.  I probably didin't have to because you can barely see the bottom poking out from behind the eyelet but it would bug me if I didn't - hehe!  Anyway, I stamped my image with black ink on white cardstock at first becasue I was going to do white snow but then I chose the brown and cream colors so I daubed it with Ranger Distress Ink Antique Linen until it matched the parchment.
Next, I cut out the image with Spellbinders Deckled Rectangle and inked the edges with Ranger Distress Ink Walnut Stain.  For the final touch I popped it with EK Success foam squares and added a faux wood button with some twine.  Doesn't this make you want to curl up by the fire with a nice long book??  (Well, not me but maybe some of you out there like to read...hehehe)  TFL!

Comments

Marge said…
Oh I do love to read & yes, this does evoke that desire. What a really fabulous card -- LOVE everything about it -- especially that ribbon, button and eyelet trim -- the perfect compliment to the rest of your card!!!

Popular Posts