JustRite Friday Challenge #35 - Christmas in September

It's Christmas over at JustRite Inspiration this week and the challenge is to do a Christmas tag.  I have really never done a tag like this before so this was a real challenge??  It's so fun to do these challenges because I am doing things I would not normally do!  Spellbinders is the sponsor this week and what could be better than using my 3 favorite things  ... JustRite Stamps, Spellbinders and Copics!!!  I started by stamping my Santa center from JustRite's 3-1/4" Vintage Christmas set with Memento Tuxedo Black and coloring with my Copics.  This was the first time I've done flesh colors so it was fun!  I'm still a newbie to coloring and have only started a few months ago, but I loved how he turned out!  I used the Garland from Spellbinder's Fanciful Holiday and the center tag was cut twice from Labels Ten (the black was cut by hand).  I also added some evergreen branches I stamped with my McGill punch.  I used some Stickles to look like twinkling lights but it didn't show up too good in the photo??
I used the die as templates to ink the inside edges with Ranger's Antique Linen.  The little holly are buttons from a bag full of Christmas buttons.  I added several strands of various ribbon and punched the sentiment from JustRite's 1-3/16" Holiday Cheer Borders & Centers set.
It's hard to see in the picture, but the dew drops are red on the garland.

Comments

Wendy said…
Wowzers Sheri! Love it!! Great job on Santa!! I'm learning with Copics also!!
chrissy o said…
great card
chrissy o xx
Tanya said…
Love it Sheri! Great coloring girlie!
Marge said…
This tag is sooo AWESOME!!! Great job!!!
Mary Jo said…
Very nice tag. Love that Santa
Anonymous said…
Great tag! Your coloring is fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
Mona Pendleton said…
Gorgeous tag Sheri! You did an amazing job coloring Santa & I love that Spellbinders embellishment - so elegant!
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the honorable mention!

Popular Posts