JustRite Friday Challenge #36 - Color Challenge

This week there is a color challenge at JustRite Inspiration.  Wouldn't ya know my project last week had these very colors?!?  Oh Well!!  I got to practice coloring with my Copics some more and the stamp I chose this week was the one I was most nervous about getting right.  Here are the colors:
I had the Nutcracker from JustRite's VintageChristmas 3-1/4" set staring at me for weeks and, like so many others, I wasn't exactly sure how to go about coloring him.  I tried to stay as much with the color scheme as possible but some of his accessories just HAD to be gold I thought! 
I started out by heat embossing the entire image in black.  (I didn't realize that Copics don't play well with it??)  I should have kept track of all the colors of Copics I used but I'm still new at this.  I do know that I used E50 Eggshell for most of the hair as well as the entire background since I didn't have any ivory paper for coloring on.  I also added in some W3 and W5 and made his mustache a little darker.  I used R29 & R89 for his jacket and several colors on his hat because I had a hard time making it look right.  The gold tassles and buttons has some Y18, I think, as well as the pearls on the poinsettia.
I also heat embossed the red border with black and added gemstones to all the stars and outlined the center with black Stickles and placed on top of a Spellbinders Pinking Circle to match the ones in the background paper.  For my handmade embellishments, I used Spellbinder's Nested Poinsettia and added some pearls in the center that I colored to match the gold on the nutcracker.
Next, I had a scrap piece of ribbon that resembled the background paper and colored it red with R29 to match.  The bottom punch is my new giant EK Success border punch.  TFL!!

Comments

Marge said…
This is FABULOUS, Sheri! Really love the BG paper, that perfect ribbon & border; it all goes together so well!
Sadly this is the set I chose for my Flickr win, but it hasn't yet come, so not sure what I'll make?!!!
Mary Jo said…
Sheri you have created a very pretty card. You did a great job on the coloring
Ms. Jen said…
LOVE IT! The border is gorgeous and I love the added bling on the background paper.
Glenda said…
Beautiful Sheri! Love all the coloring details, your papers, poinsettia and the punch!
Mona Pendleton said…
Gorgeous card Sheri! You did an amazing job coloring the Nutcracker & that Poinsettia is stunning :)

Popular Posts