JustRite Friday Challenge #110 - Bleach Stamping Technique

For this challenge over at JustRite Inspiration, I tried the bleach stamping technique to create an interesting effect on my card stock. I watched a few videos and saw several ideas on Pinterest before finally figuring out what I actually wanted to do. Originally, I was going to use one the many background stamps JustRite has but I just kept coming back to this floral image from JustRite Floral Thank You Cling Stamps instead. I went to my pile of scraps beside my paper cutter and picked out some different colors of card stock and saw this patterned paper and it just spoke to me - LOL. I tested the bleaching technique on several samples before deciding on the kraft one. I thought the green color it changed to was pretty cool so I went with it!

I actually had to stamp it twice before I was happy with it and then I added the sentiment in brown. I still wasn't happy with how plain it looked so I decided to stamp over it in various colors that matched my papers with small elements from JustRite / Samantha Walker Delicate Doilies Clear Stamp set. I thought this set kinda mimicked the pattern in the background paper. One of the videos I watched said you could use this technique with clear stamps but to wash them thoroughly with warm water immediately after using the bleach. It almost has a watercolor type look. I really want to try with a background stamp next. I bet it would look like tie-dye?!


I hope you will dig out your JustRite Stamps and join in the fun at JustRite Inspiration!

Comments

Marge said…
I truly meant what I said @ JR -- you are the QUEEN of challenges, GF!!! This is absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! LOVE it and you were right to listen to that paper when it 'spoke to you', as you got such a GORGEOUS result with your beautifully-bleached flower and the accents stamps you chose which mimic the PP! A home run on this one, Sheri, but I felt the same way about your WOW challenge too!!! ;~'}

Popular Posts