JustRite Friday Challenge #074 - "Vintage Masculine"

With Father's Day coming up, I thought this would be the PERFECT opportunity to get a card or two done instead of waiting until the last minute like I usually do - LOL!

There are MANY stamps in the JustRite collection that can double as masculine when paired the right way. "Vintage Masculine" is a VERY popular trend right now and not as hard to do as you might think?? You can choose from nautical stamps like Anchors Away or Oceanside Oval Medallions and background stamps like Vintage Map Collage or Vintage Travel ........ just to name a few!

I stamped my Ticking Stripe and Vintage Map Collage backgrounds onto kraft cardstock with Momento Danube Blue ink and then distressed the edges with my Zutter Distress-it-all.  I added a Fleur De Lis Borderabilities strip to the center with navy cardstock and glued to the top of an additional strip cut with Classic Petal Edgeabilities.

The focal image was created by layering a label from Market Place Alpha on top of the smaller image from Sea Shell Bay and coloring with my COPICs. It was so great that it JUST FIT and changed the ENTIRE look of that stamp!

The Father's Day Banner from Anchors Away was the perfect finishing touch. Having the matching die in the Vintage Label & Banner die set made stamping and cutting SO MUCH easier too!  I inked all the edges with Ranger Distress Inks Vintage Photo and Antique Linen and added pop dots to each layer for dimension.

I hope you will take time to join in the fun over at JustRite Friday Challenges!  If you have time, check out another Father's Day Challenge at MY SHERI CRAFTS.

Ink: TS-01115 Momento Tuxedo BlackRanger Antique Linen & Vintage Photo Distress Inks, COPIC Sketch 
Other: brass brads

Comments

Marge said…
LOVE this, Sheri!!! I LOVE challenging myself to do masculine projects! I think the men really appreciate that we make them too!!! It's great that JR has so many options for creating cards for our guys! Your clever combinations of BG and other stamps made this a FABULOUS Father's Day creation!!!
Marisa Job said…
Great card Sheri! Love the colors and design! Hugs!
Sandy Palmer said…
You know how I feel about your card, LOVE IT! I just love the colors you chose and everything! I also love how you always think outside of the box and combine different things together to show us that it is ok to mix stamps, etc!
Thank you for always thinking outside of the box!
Hugs,
Sandy.
kathi17 said…
This is a really beautiful card Sheri, I love the colors and how many JustRite stamps you used to pull it all together!
Charlotte said…
Sheri,
this is so amazing the way you put this all together. I love all the layers and they just go together perfectly. The background stamping of the vintage maps is wonderful.
Charlotte
Lisa said…
Wow, this is absolutely amazing!! I just keep staring at it to see all the fabulous details!! The colors are beautiful!! Gorgeous and stunning card :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Charlotte said…
Sheri,
This crd is just beautiful. I strive to one day be able to create as you do. This is such a beautiful card with so many details and layers. The colors are just perfect for a Father's Day card.
Charlotte
Sarah said…
Beautiful Sheri! What a cool card!
Raquel said…
I see my favorite color on this card! Wow... I'm impressed how you can combine tattered edges and elegance together. Love this card!
Glenda said…
Beautiful card! Love the colors, layering, and the pretty stamps! Fabulous work!
Glenda

Popular Posts