The Shabby Tea Room #62 - Monochromatic

This week over at The Shabby Tea Room we are having a Monochromatic challenge.  This is VERY easy!  All you need to do is pick a color and use only that color (and a neutral: white, cream, black).
I chose gold and white with leaves to resemble this week's inspiration photo but you may do whatever colors you wish.  Here's this week's photo:
The first thing I noticed was the gold leaves, and I knew that I had some handmade paper with gold leaves on it, so I went on the hunt through all my papers.  I created a super glitzy card that could be used for a wedding or anniversary.
I embossed the white panel with Cuttlebug Leaves but it's a little hard to see??  The sentiment is JustRite Birthday Centers 1-5/8" with a border from JustRite Seeds of Kindness 1-5/8".  This was popped onto a Spellbinders Labels Twenty frame stamped with coordinating JustRite Kindness Cling stamp and heat embossed in gold.

Also entered at:

Our Creative Corner : Au Naturel with a Twist
Craft Your Days Away : White + One

Comments

Debbie said…
This is simply beautiful, Sheri ... so elegant and lovely :)
So elegant and beautiful. Love the gold tones, pearls and lace.
Diane said…
Gorgeous and elegant.....love all your layers and details!!
Anonymous said…
hi sheri!
this is sooo beautiful. love those colors. have only done mono 1 time before, and i think it was kinda hard. you done an perfect card. hugs
Marge said…
WOW! What a great interpretation of the inspiration photo (say that 3 times real fast) -- LOL!!! I really love monochromatic and you rocked the challenge, GF!!!
paper fun said…
This is beautiful in every way.

Thanks for joining us at CYDA.

Mari
Unknown said…
Stunning - just stunning. FAB colours (that photo is just ACE! - allready sen it at Shabby, but love what you've doen with it). Those pearls are just to die for.
Deb.x
Sharon Wheet said…
I just LOVE your card! I really love the flower with the gold petals, and that FABULOUS ribbon with the pearls! How elegant and pretty! Thanks for playing along with us @ OCC! I hope that we see more of your pretty work, again!

Popular Posts