I'm At It Again! - Another Chair Makeover

Today's project was a LOT easier than the last 4 chairs I did a few months ago! I'm getting pretty good at it PLUS hubby bought me a new toy at Harbor Freight today.....a pneumatic staple gun -- I LOVE IT!!! I wish I would have had it before I broke my hands using the manual one on all those others but I see many more of these projects in the near future I think:

I bought this chair at a local thrift store for $10. It was in pretty rough shape but after doing the other chairs in my craft room I knew how awesome it could be! It was pretty stained and broken down and the arms were chewed up but it had good bones.

YUCK!!

One of the things I look for is a good solid plastic back that can be removed. Since I don't sew and only staple the fabric on - this is a MUST!

I added foam and batting to the seat and then laid the fabric over and stapled away. The new gun made it SO EASY! This project took about 2 hours. I left the arms off for now but found a place online where I could order new pads if I want to later for only $19.

Cost of total chair makeover:

$10 thrift store used chair
$6 foam square and batting
$6 1.5 yd fabric (although I had about .5 yd left)
= $22 for a custom french script rolling office chair

If you'd like to see my other chair makeovers, you can find more info here:

Comments

Popular Posts